The implementation of the new CoPs will prove to be an enormous time and cost burden to your agency. With the CMS push-back to January of 2018, time is clearly on your side. But you cannot afford to wait. Training your agency and getting policies and procedures into place NOW will prove invaluable in preparing for the January implementation date.
While care planning and care coordination requirements are at the core of the new CoPs, the entire organization will need re-working. Arlene Maxim and Stefanie Woodrow will guide you through some of the most concerning elements of these new conditions, with focused attention to:
· Organization and Administration
· Care Planning and Care Coordination
· Home Care Aide Requirements
Creating an assessment and a plan of care that is unique to the individual patient with limited orders and specific goals will be new territory for agencies. Arlene and Stefanie will provide strategies for communicating with and gathering information from providers in other settings.
Course Instructor - Arlene Maxim RN & Stefanie Woodrow
PT credits awarded for course completions are approved for 1 year and expire at the end of the calendar year unless otherwise stated.
For a complete list of courses offering PT credits for this year, click here.
1. Describe history surrounding the massive changes from the previous Conditions.
2. Describe CMS's "Principles of Transformation"
3. Identify the most prominent changes with recommendations for policy changes.
4. Discuss the 4 new Conditions that will significantly impact Agency function
5. Describe potential for areas of non-compliance and possible Sanctions.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate HCAF Course Certificate
Your cart is empty