Under HHGM, the 60-day episode of care is replaced with a 30-day period of payment and patients are placed into one of 144 payment groups. The structure of determining the payment grouping is as follows:
• Admission Source & Timing (Claims) – Community Early, Community Late, Institutional Early or Institutional Late
• Clinical Grouping (Primary Diagnosis) – Medication Management Teaching & Assessment (MMTA), Neuro Rehab, Wounds, Complex Nursing Interventions, Musculoskeletal (MS) Rehab, Behavioral Health
• Functional Level (OASIS Items) – Low, Medium, High Comorbidity Adjustment (Secondary Diagnoses) – No or Yes
• Low Utilization Payment Adjustments (LUPA) will exist in the HHGM, but there are multiple ways to calculate compared to the current standard. Join one of the nation’s leading experts on the complexities of home health payment for a 90-minute webinar to review the proposed rule and to glean talking points as you develop your own comments to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services on the proposed rule.
- Demonstrate a greater understanding of the Proposed HH PPS Rule for CY 2017 and its potential impact on providing HH servcies.|
- Demonstrate an understanding of the proposed HHGM payment structure and compare and contract this with the current payment model.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the need to comment on this proposed rule and the potential implications should the current rule be finalized as it stand now unless objections are raised.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate HCAF Course Certificate
Your cart is empty