This course explores what medical errors are, how they occur, and the methods and approaches to prevent them from occurring in the home care setting.
Course Author: John S. Ryan
At the conclusion, participants should be able to:
- Define the term “medical error.”
- Discuss the prevalence of medical errors.
- List the reasons for medical errors.
- Identify the various types of medical errors.
- Discuss what a “culture of safety” is.
- Differentiate between Root Cause Analysis and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis
- List actions the nurse can take to prevent the following medical errors.
- Identify special populations vulnerable to medical errors
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate HCAF Course Certificate
Your cart is empty