This course explores methods and approaches to prevent medical errors in the home care setting. This course meets Florida's 2 hour continuing education requirement for nurses.
Course Author - John S. Ryan
- Define the term “medical error.”
- Discuss the prevalence of medical errors.
- List the reasons for medical errors.
- Identify the various types of medical errors.
- Discuss what a “culture of safety” is.
- Differentiate between Root Cause Analysis and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- List actions the nurse can take to prevent the following medical errors.
- Identify special populations vulnerable to medical errors.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate HCAF Course Certificate
Your cart is empty