This course is built to satisfy OHSA’s hazard communication standards requirement for home care. The goal of this course is to educate employees on hazard communication, exposures, labels, pictograms, and standard precautions in the home care setting.
The course targets anyone who works in a home care setting. This means nurses, CNAs, home health aides, therapists, and office staff.
The objectives for this course are:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Hazard Communication, types of hazards, routes of exposures, and hazardous chemicals.
- Understand and identify labels and pictograms.
- Demonstrate the proper order of donning and removing Personal Protective Equipment and when to use each.
- Demonstrate what to do in the event of an exposure.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Safety Data Sheets and how to use them in the home care setting.
- Demonstrate the patient education process.
- Identify the lessons to teach your patient that are essential to help them prevent infection.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Continua Learning Course Certificate
Your cart is empty