This course is built to satisfy the communication barriers requirement for home care. The goal of this course is to educate employees on addressing communication barriers, performing the SBAR technique, giving and receiving verbal orders, and communicating with patients with limited English proficiency, and hearing, communicative, and visual impairment.
The course targets anyone who works in a home care setting. This means nurses, CNAs, home health aides, therapists, and office staff.
The objectives for this course are:
- Demonstrate how to address communication barriers
- Perform the SBAR technique
- Demonstrate best practices with verbal orders
- Demonstrate communication best practices
- Demonstrate how to communicate with patients with limited English proficiency, and hearing, communicative, and visual impairment.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Continua Learning Course Certificate
Your cart is empty