Starting in 2015 it is a requirement for all nurses in the state of Florida to complete a two-hour course on nursing laws and practice in Florida.
This course is a part of the total 24 hours that are required each biennium and includes content on Chapters 456 and Chapter 464 of the Florida Statutes
This course is made up of 5 lessons that contain the information you need to know about nursing laws and practice in Florida and satisfies the State's new requirement.
The objectives of this course are:
- Describe the sole legislative purpose in enacting the Nurse Practice Act as stated in Chapter 464 under Title XXXII.
- Define five specific acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge that a professional nurse performs in the "Practice of Professional Nursing."
- Describe and define the five rights of delegation and the nurses' responsibility when delegating specific duties in the healthcare setting.
- Explain how a professional nurse renews her/he/his license or certificate.
- Describe the process and at least 5 grounds for disciplinary action according to the guidelines in the Nurse Practice Act.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate HCAF Course Certificate
Your cart is empty